The Color Blew are a South African band from Springs (a town on Gauteng’s East Rand). The Color Blew represent depth and insight , they provide the “alternative” the result of talent and passion combined where music is felt, not just heard. Liaan Horton (on vocals and rhythm guitar), Armando Santos (on drums), Marius Cronje (on bass guitar) and Timothy James (on lead guitar) are the members of the band.
You probably don’t know much about this band (that have played at most live music venues around Gauteng), but today I’m changing that…
Here are 10 Interesting Facts that you might not have known about The Color Blew
1. The band is fiercely independent and particular about what they do all music is written recorded and mixed inhouse at Liaan’s Audio Vibez Music Studio, nothing gets laid down or released without every member buying into the sound or process.
2. Carrying on the theme above the “Light Switch” album alone had over 300 recording and mixing hours to make sure the sound was world class.
3. Much of the album material is a culmination of pure jamming sessions where the ideas just happen spontaneously and the ideas that feel right are later then turned into songs.
4. If the moment is right they record the demo right there and then.
5. All of the jams in between our songs at live shows are improv and never rehearsed
6. Same goes for warm up and sound check songs that are generally Funk or Jazz inspired jams
7. They don’t really identify with any genre and write and play whatever feels right and it somehow retains that The Color Blew sound
8. Expect an Afrikaans punk album in the near future to re-enforce what was mentioned above !
9. The Color Blew has over 60 years of combined music industry experience between them.
10. Whenever hitting the road on tour or festival runs Armando is always the designated driver.
There you have it, 10 facts that you might not have known about The Color Blew. I hope that you learned something new about them today.
Great news is that The Color Blew released a new single on the 14th of August 2020. The single is entitled “Dance Dance Dance”. The band have also released a lyric video, check it out below:
This is a lekker vibey track and it goes along nicely with and it was released just at the right time. We can finally dance dance dance together again! Fokof Covid-19!
Watch this space for updates in the Music category on Interesting Facts.
Scroll down to view related articles to get more facts. If you want to stay in the loop, feel free to subscribe to our newsletter.
If you live in South Africa and you're looking for a live music gig or music festival to attend, feel free to check The SA Gig Guide on our sister site (SA Music Zone).