Kenny Hughes is a touring South African Blues Rock Artist with an original, unique touch and approach to the genre. He is a singer, songwriter and guitarist busy leaving his mark on the global music scene. There’s probably a lot that you didn’t know about this Blues Maestro, but today my aim is to change that.
Here are 10 Kenny Hughes Facts You Might Not Have Known
1. Kenny Hughes absolutely loves cooking.
2. He has a sister who moved to Germany during the lockdown (yes folks, anything is possible people!)
3. Kenny Hughes broke his nose in grade 6, which led to a girl breaking up with him, because of how he looked post fall! Hahaha
4. Before he started playing guitar, he was a drummer. He jammed drums for 4 years and then moved over to the the stringed instrument.
5. Kenny Hughes’s parents are guitarists and his sister is a pianist.
6. He comes from a biker family.
7. Kenny Hughes totally digs superheroes!
8. His whole life fits in his car!
9. Kenny Hughes had quite a few exotic pets growing up, including dogs, birds, chinchillas and anything he found in his yard. At least for half an hour or so.
10. He moved around a lot when he was growing up. He attended 5 primary schools and 3 high schools… you’d think he would have more Facebook friends, right?
Well, there you have it. 10 facts you might not have known about Kenny Hughes. If you haven’t seen this oke live, you really need to make a plan. His guitar skills are truly amazing. Don’t take my word for it though, watch him playing “Overcome” below…
Lekker, right? Make sure that you check him out the next time he’s jamming in a city / town near you. I would like to take this opportunity to thank Kenny for these facts and I wish him all of the best with his future musical endeavours.
Watch this space for updates in the People category on Running Wolf’s Rant.